Canucks Visit Flames in Red Hot NHL Betting Battle
The Pacific Division only sent 3 teams to the playoffs last year, and given the strength of the Central, it may be more of the same this season. With limited spots to potentially play for, every game in that division is crucial, which is why the Vancouver Canucks have to be delighted with their opening night win on the road in Calgary. These two will go at it again on Saturday night when the Flames head into hostile territory.
Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames
Date/Time: Saturday, October 10th, 10:00 PM
Location: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, British Columbia
NHL Betting Odds: TBA
— Vancouver Canucks (@VanCanucks) October 7, 2015
The opening night win for the Canucks begs the question of whether they are as good as they appeared, or were the Flames just that bad. It was probably a little bit of both, and I think a lot of people were surprised by how organized and efficient Vancouver looked throughout. Vancouver is once again going to have to rely heavily on the Sedin twins, so it bodes well for them that Daniel was able to deliver with a 3 point (1G 2A) night. They will be disappointed at going 0-3 on the power play, though, but have to be pleased with their defensive play. The Flames managed to get 30 shots on Ryan Miller, but very few were of the genuine goal scoring opportunity variety. This is an excellent start for a Canucks team that has a pretty tough schedule to open the season with.
- Vancouver is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- Vancouver is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Vancouver’s last 6 games on the road
- Vancouver is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games when playing Calgary
- Calgary is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Calgary’s last 6 games
- Calgary is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Calgary’s last 5 games at home
Perhaps its wishful thinking on my part, but this Flames team is too talented to play this poorly on a regular basis. I think they will get things sorted out quickly, and will come away with the road win on Saturday.