Week 16 Minnesota vs. Green Bay NFL Betting Analysis
A pair of NFC North teams will get together Saturday night for a National Football League affair. The NFL Betting favorite Minnesota Vikings will visit the Green Bay Packers in the second game on Saturday. The Minnesota Vikings are 11-3 and won the NFC North. They hold the #2 seed in the NFC behind Philadelphia.
The Green Bay Packers have been eliminated from postseason play. The Packers are 7-7, coming off a road loss to the Carolina Panthers in Week 15. The Packers are 4-3 in home games this season. The Minnesota Vikings come into this game at -9 over the Green Bay Packers on Saturday night.
Vikings (11-3) vs. Packers (7-7) Week 16 NFL Betting Analysis
— Minnesota Vikings (@Vikings) 21 de diciembre de 2017
- Where: Lambeau Field; Green Bay, WI
- When: Saturday December 23, 2017; 7:00pm CT
- TV: NBC
- Radio: 100.3 FM (Minnesota) / 620 AM (Green Bay)
- Streaming Option: NFL Live
- NFL Betting Odds: Minnesota Vikings -9 (Over/Under at 41)
- Clear: -13°C/8°F
- Humidity: 81%
- Precipitation: 5%
- Cloud Cover: 2%
- Wind: 8 mph WNW
- Stadium Type: Open
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Record: Green Bay Packers lead 6-3-1
- Score: Minnesota Vikings 19.60 / Green Bay Packers 26.50
- Rush Yards: Minnesota Vikings 121.30 / Green Bay Packers 116.00
- Pass Attempts: Minnesota Vikings 33.80 / Green Bay Packers 35.60
- Completion Percentage: Minnesota Vikings 60.36 / Green Bay Packers 62.08
- Passing Yards: Minnesota Vikings 207.30 / Green Bay Packers 231.40
- Total Yards: Minnesota Vikings 328.6 / Green Bay Packers 347.4
- Turnovers: Minnesota Vikings 1.60 / Green Bay Packers 0.90
Why Bet the Minnesota Vikings?
Mike Zimmer and the Minnesota Vikings are one of the biggest surprises in all of the National Football League. The Vikings are looking to seal the home field advantage throughout the postseason. Minnesota needs to win out and see the Eagles split, and they would not leave Minneapolis all postseason.
The Vikings have scored 343 points and allowed 242. The Vikings have three losses on the season on the road at the Pittsburgh Steelers, at home to the Detroit Lions, and on the road at the Carolina Panthers. Minnesota will finish the 2017 regular season at home against the Chicago Bears.
Why Bet the Green Bay Packers?
It’s tough to pick the Green Bay Packers in this game. Aaron Rodgers is no longer going to play this season following their elimination from the postseason. Green Bay will turn back to Brett Hundley. Hundley finished the last time they played the Vikings, and lost, then started the next 7 games, and went 3-4.
The Packers are 22nd in passing yards with 206.3 yards per game, while the run game has over 107 yards per game. Green Bay will not only miss Aaron Rodgers, but Davante Adams will not play in this game either following a concussion in the loss to the Carolina Panthers.
Latest NFL Betting Trends for Week 16
- Minnesota is 8-1 ATS in its last 9 games
- Minnesota is 9-1 SU in its last 10 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Minnesota’s last 5 games on the road
- Green Bay is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games
- Green Bay is 15-8 SU in its last 23 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Green Bay’s last 7 games
Expert Pick and Prediction
The Green Bay Packers are in trouble in this game. THe Packers have a game against the Detroit Lions in Week 17, so they have a real shot at finishing under .500. The Packers are 7-7 as they head into this game. The offense will struggle against a great Vikings defense mch like the Week 6 loss.
The Minnesota Vikings pick yet another game to win and win big. Case Keenum throws all over the field again and Minnesota wins by double figures. The bet bet for this game on Saturday night is the Minnesota Vikings -9 over the Green Bay Packers.