Toledo & Central Michigan Meet in Tuesday’s NCAAF Betting
This week’s Tuesday tilt in the MAC features Central Michigan and #24 Toledo facing each other in a game that will surely catch the attention of fans looking for valuable NCAAF betting opportunities. The two teams are part of a three-way tie for second place in the MAC West, along with Northern Illinois. Western Michigan has a 4-0 record in conference play, while these three are all 4-1.
Toledo & Central Michigan Game Information and College Football Odds
Click Here for Radio Broadcast
Central Michigan is 5-4 overall and has won three straight. They host Toledo this Tuesday. It is likely that Toledo will be ready for blood, as the Rockets (7-1) lost last week, 32-27, to Northern Illinois. The Rockets had been ranked #20 and were seen as a potential playoff spoiler if they could keep winning. However, that loss brought an end to all of that talk.
The Chippewas also blew out Buffalo three weeks ago and then had to work hard to pull out wins against Ball State and Akron. The benefit of these wins is that they are just one more win away from becoming eligible for a bowl. The Chippewas’ defense has the #1 ranking in the MAC, allowing only 270.6 yards per game in their last three matchups.
As Central Michigan coach John Bonamego said at a press conference, “We’ve played really good defense the last two weeks. Hope to keep that trend continuing. I think it’s really their attitude and their mental toughness and the fight that they have. Just keep pushing forward and not worry about the last play. Just focus on the next play.”
The Chippewas’ defense has not permitted a touchdown in the second half over the last three games. This is especially impressive given the fact that they have lost six of their defensive starters from Week 1 to a variety of injuries. Defensive end Blake Serpa, last week’s MAC West Defensive Player of the Week, said at a postgame press conference last week, “I think people just know with certain people out of the game you have to turn up your intensity a little bit more. I think everyone’s got the mindset that you have to make every play and I think it’s making us better.”
Betting Odds Trends
- Toledo is 9-1 ATS in its last 10 games
- Toledo is 10-1 SU in its last 11 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Toledo’s last 8 games
- Toledo is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Toledo is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 13 of Toledo’s last 19 games on the road
- Toledo is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Central Michigan
- Toledo is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing Central Michigan
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Toledo’s last 6 games when playing Central Michigan
- Toledo is 7-3 SU in its last 10 games when playing on the road against Central Michigan
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Toledo’s last 6 games when playing on the road against Central Michigan
- Central Michigan is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games
- Central Michigan is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Central Michigan’s last 6 games
- Central Michigan is 8-17 ATS in its last 25 games at home
- Central Michigan is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 12 of Central Michigan’s last 16 games at home
- Central Michigan is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Toledo
- Central Michigan is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing Toledo
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Central Michigan’s last 6 games when playing Toledo
- Central Michigan is 3-7 SU in its last 10 games when playing at home against Toledo
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Central Michigan’s last 6 games when playing at home against Toledo
Central Michigan may be due for a win. Toledo has won the last five meetings, with Central Michigan last winning in 2009. The Chippewas’ offense has not been particularly dominant during the team’s charge, as the team has relied on their defense to carry them. They will need both of these phases of the game to be ready to go given the quality of play that Toledo has put on the field this year.
Given the fact that Toledo just lost a high-profile game last week, CMU is likely to have all they can handle in this game. Look for Toledo to cover the spread – and then some. Toledo’s offense is a different breed than what the Chippewas have been handling the last few weeks, and Toledo is ready to take someone to the woodshed.