Thursday Night Football Titans vs Jaguars NFL Betting Preview
Mike Mularkey is the only person to have been the head coach of both the Jacksonville Jaguars and Tennessee Titans. He coached the Jags through the 2012 but was fired after that year, when the team went 2-14 as management decided to give the team an immediate overhaul. Mularkey told Yahoo! Sports, “I wasn’t sure I’d ever get another one after what happened in Jacksonville. It’s very hard to create a culture. You are coming in there, and everything is new. It was a situation where a new owner came in, hired a new GM, and they wanted to go in a different direction. But I just wish we would have had more time.”
Titans vs Jaguars Preview & NFL Betting Odds
Game Odds: Jacksonville -3
The game can be live streamed here.
Uniforms Jaguars will wear next Thursday night vs Titans pic.twitter.com/wJESUEYHOZ
— Mark Long (@APMarkLong) November 13, 2015
Tennessee recently fired Ken Whisenhunt and elevated Mularkey from an assistant’s role to interim head coach. It was just five days later that the Titans ended a six-game losing streak with an overtime victory at New Orleans. This past week, Tennessee lost 27-10 to Carolina, who remains undefeated, but the game was competitive until the Panthers pulled away in the final quarter.
Tennessee will need to upgrade its effort on offense this week. Last week, against the Carolina defense, the team only picked up 242 yards and 11 first downs, a season low. Marcus Mariota gave up one interception and did not pass for a touchdown. He has improved in the department of taking sacks, only having been brought down once in the first two games under Mularkey. Before that, he saw the turf 19 times in the first five games. Tennessee wideout Justin Hunter had brought in 22 catches for 264 yards and a touchdown, but he is out for the season after hurting his ankle in Sunday’s game. Rookie tailback David Cobb might appear, now that he is back from the injured reserve/eligible to return list. The Totams only gained 64 yards on the ground this past Sunday, which is why Carolina was able to win.
Last week, Jacksonville gave 89 yards up to Baltimore and ended a 13-game losing streak on the road. Blake Bortles was sacked as time went out, but Elvis Dumervil was called for face masking, and Jason Myers came on to kick a 53-yard field goal to seal the win, 22-20. The Jaguars now have three game-winning drives this season, and they all have been aided by a fairly major penalty. Tight end Julius Thomas told Yahoo! Sports, “This is professional sports; there’s a lot of luck involved. Unfortunately this year, we’ve had some balls bounce away from us. To have things go our way is great.”
- Tennessee is 6-17-1 ATS in its last 24 games
- Tennessee is 2-17 SU in its last 19 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Tennessee’s last 6 games
- Tennessee is 2-6 ATS in its last 8 games on the road
- Tennessee is 2-9 SU in its last 11 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Tennessee’s last 7 games on the road
- Tennessee is 1-7-1 ATS in its last 9 games when playing Jacksonville
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Tennessee’s last 11 games when playing Jacksonville
- Tennessee is 1-4-1 ATS in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Jacksonville
- Tennessee is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Jacksonville
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Tennessee’s last 5 games when playing on the road against Jacksonville
- Jacksonville is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games
- Jacksonville is 6-19 SU in its last 25 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Jacksonville’s last 5 games
- Jacksonville is 6-13-1 ATS in its last 20 games at home
- Jacksonville is 6-16 SU in its last 22 games at home
- Jacksonville is 7-1-1 ATS in its last 9 games when playing Tennessee
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Jacksonville’s last 11 games when playing Tennessee
- Jacksonville is 4-1-1 ATS in its last 6 games when playing at home against Tennessee
- Jacksonville is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Tennessee
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Jacksonville’s last 5 games when playing at home against Tennessee
The Jags have won two of three, but they do have some big injuries. Wide receiver Allen Hurns has a sports hernia, and he will be missed as he has caught touchdowns in seven consecutive games. Tailback T.J. Yeldon is undergoing evaluation for an injury to his foot. Defensive tackle Sen’Derrick Marks has a torn right triceps and could miss the rest of the year. Even so, look for the Jaguars to eke this victory out. The Tennessee Titans are missing three cornerbacks and a nose tackle to injuries, which should open up the field significantly for Bortles to fire the ball all over the field.