NFL Betting: Raiders Visit Lions in Crucial Week 11 Match
A curious fact surrounding Oakland’s game against the Lions is that they deserve to be the overwhelming favorites, although, the NFL betting odds for this game aren’t favoring either teams. Despite the confusing odds, if the Raiders overlook this week’s game, they are likely to fall out of contention in a tightening AFC wild card race. The Lions may have only won two games, but they have overtime losses to Chicago and Seattle – so they could easily be 4-5. Also, the team cleaned house in the front office last week – and then they came out and won at Lambeau Field for the first time since 1991. This Lions team could be set for a mid-season transformation.
Raiders vs Lions Game Preview and NFL Betting Info
Game Odds: Raiders PK -110
Click here for live streaming.
— OAKLAND RAIDERS (@RAIDERS) November 21, 2015
Week 11 means that the Raiders need to figure out how to put their run defense back together, and the fact that the Lions rank #32 in rushing yards makes this a great week to figure the basics out. That will limit Matthew Stafford’s ability to run the Lions up and down the field with passes to Calvin Johnson. The Raiders have some key injuries. D.J. Hayden is an important part of the secondary, and he hurt his ankle in the game against the Minnesota Vikings. He did practice with limitations but may still be hampered this week. Center Rodney Hudson appears to have made progress with his ankle sprain but did not practice Wednesday. Linebacker Neiron Ball, one of the biggest rookie sensations in Oakland this year, remains out of practice with an injured knee and is likely to miss his fourth straight game.
If you just look at the Lions’ record, you might not realize that they have the eighth-most prolific offense in the NFL. Calvin Johnson is still one of the top 10 receivers in the league in terms of receiving yards. Expect Johnson to have the same sort of game against Oakland that Brandon Marshall had when the Jets played the Raiders. Marshall hauled in nine balls for 108 yards.
Latavius Murray’s running is key for the Raiders’ success. They are 0-4 in games when he does not gain 50 yards on the ground. The Raiders do have an exciting passing attack thanks to Derek Carr, but Oakland needs to have both dimensions working if they hope to win. Murray has gained 73 percent of the Raiders’ rushing yards because there really aren’t any other quality backs on the team.
NFL Odds Trends
- Oakland is 7-18 SU in its last 25 games
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of Oakland’s last 12 games
- Oakland is 3-21 SU in its last 24 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Oakland’s last 7 games on the road
- Oakland is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games when playing Detroit
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Oakland’s last 5 games when playing Detroit
- Detroit is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- Detroit is 2-9 SU in its last 11 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Detroit’s last 5 games
- Detroit is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- Detroit is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Detroit’s last 7 games at home
- Detroit is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games when playing Oakland
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Detroit’s last 5 games when playing Oakland
Game Prediction: I expect the Raiders to be able to bottle up the Lions’ rushing attack. This means that Matthew Stafford will be forced into a lot of second- and third-and-long situations and will have to find receivers farther down the field. The Raiders do have the talent they need to blanket Johnson, especially if they play most of the game in a nickel package. The Lions don’t run the ball well enough to make the Raiders pay for that extra defensive back. Look for the Raiders to win by a touchdown or more.