Packers are NFL Betting Favorites Vs. Limping Lions
Week 10 in the NFL betting season features the Detroit Lions heading to Lambeau Field to take on a Green Bay Packers team that suddenly finds itself struggling. The Pack had been 6-0 heading into the Week 7 bye. However, they were soundly beaten by the Denver Broncos in Week 8, 29-10 and fell short in a comeback bid at Carolina in Week 9. Both Denver and Carolina were unbeaten, giving the Packers a tough part to their schedule, but the losses showed that the Packers have a real weakness in their running defense, and they also showed that when you can put pressure on Aaron Rodgers, he will suffer in terms of passing accuracy and decision-making.
NFL Odds: Packers -11½
Radio: Lions Radio Network, Packers Radio Network
Live Streaming: NFL Gamepass
— NBC Sports (@NBCSports) November 11, 2015
If you’re a member of the 1-7 Detroit Lions, you could view this as a chance to deliver a real knockout blow against a strong opponent who is on the ropes. You could also view it as the Packers’ chance to get their morale back up and get a win – which they now need since the Minnesota Vikings have moved into a tie with them atop the NFC North standings. In its last three games, the Packers have surrendered about 500 yards of offense on average. The Lions do have a lot of talent on offense, with Golden Tate, Calvin Johnson and Eric Ebron, but the offense has struggled mightily.
The Lions did fire their offensive coordinator, team president and general manager, but will that have any effect on the field? The Lions are coming off a bye week, so they have had a lot of time to look at the film of the Packers’ flaws and make their own game plans to compensate, but it’s not likely that they will overcome the Pack.
After all, Aaron Rodgers is money – especially at home. The Packers have lost their last two, but they were on the road and against undefeated teams. The Broncos may have the best defensive unit in the NFL, and Carolina’s defense is also stout. The Panthers’ running attack means that they are extremely difficult to get off the field. Cam Newton will throw inaccurately sometimes, but he made enough big plays to keep Rodgers off the field, and the Panthers’ pass rush kept Rodgers off his rhythm.
Betting Odds Trends
- Detroit is 1-7 ATS in its last 8 games
- Detroit is 1-9 SU in its last 10 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Detroit’s last 5 games
- Detroit is 2-8 ATS in its last 10 games on the road
- Detroit is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Detroit’s last 14 games on the road
- Detroit is 2-6 ATS in its last 8 games when playing Green Bay
- Detroit is 3-16 SU in its last 19 games when playing Green Bay
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Detroit’s last 6 games when playing Green Bay
- Detroit is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Green Bay
- Detroit is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Green Bay
- Green Bay is 6-3 ATS in its last 9 games
- Green Bay is 18-5 SU in its last 23 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Green Bay’s last 5 games
- Green Bay is 9-3 ATS in its last 12 games at home
- Green Bay is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Green Bay’s last 5 games at home
- Green Bay is 6-2 ATS in its last 8 games when playing Detroit
- Green Bay is 16-3 SU in its last 19 games when playing Detroit
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Green Bay’s last 6 games when playing Detroit
- Green Bay is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games when playing at home against Detroit
- Green Bay is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Detroit
The Lions don’t have that many weapons on the defensive side. Losing Ndamukong Suh through free agency left the team with an iffy pass rush that isn’t scaring opposing teams. The struggles that Matthew Stafford has had generating much of anything on offense have made the team struggle to put up points week in and week out. It’s likely that the team will have a new head coach next season, despite the team’s advancement to the wild card round of the playoffs last season.