Jacksonville at Pittsburgh NFL Odds & Divisional Round Game Preview
In the second AFC divisional game and the first game on Sunday – the Jacksonville Jaguars are on the road at the Pittsburgh Steelers. The winner of this game will take on the winner of the Patriots and Titans. Both teams would travel to New England or both teams would host the Titans. The Jacksonville Jaguars beat the Pittsburgh Steelers earlier in the season. Jacksonville finished with a 10-6 record, and are coming off a wildcard win over the Buffalo Bills, but they come in as the underdog at the NFL Odds.
The Pittsburgh Steelers and New England Patriots tied with 13 wins at the top of the AFC. The Steelers had a lead late and had a chance to win the game at the end of the game against the Patriots. The Steelers lost the game and moved to the #2 seed. Pittsburgh has won back to back games and took last weekend off. The Pittsburgh Steelers are -7 over the Jacksonville Jaguars on Sunday.
Jaguars vs. Steelers NFL Odds & Divisional Round Game Preview
Antonio Brown was named the AFC Offensive Player of the Year by the NFL 101 Awards.
— Pittsburgh Steelers (@steelers) 10 de enero de 2018
- When: Sunday January 14, 2018; 1:05pm ET
- Where: Heinz Field; Pittsburgh, PA
- TV: CBS
- Radio: 99.9 FM (Jacksonville) / 102.5 FM (Pittsburgh)
- Streaming Option: NFL Live
- NFL Odds: Pittsburgh Steelers -7 (Over/Under at 41 points)
- Chance of Thunderstorm: -8°C/17°F
- Humidity: 56%
- Precipitation: 1%
- Wind: 6 mph W
- Cloud Cover: 61%
- Type of Stadium: Open
- All: Jacksonville Jaguars 11-6 / Pittsburgh Steelers 13-3
- Home: Jacksonville Jaguars 7-2 / Pittsburgh Steelers 6-2
- Away: Jacksonville Jaguars 4-4 / Pittsburgh Steelers 7-1
- ATS: Jacksonville Jaguars 9-8 / Pittsburgh Steelers 7-9
- Over/Under: Jacksonville Jaguars 8-9 / Pittsburgh Steelers 6-10
Why Bet on the Pittsburgh Steelers?
The Pittsburgh Steelers are glad to be at home for this game. The weather will benefit the Steelers, who are used to playing in colder weather. The Steelers lost in Week 5 to the Jaguars 30-9. In that game, Jacksonville forced Ben Roethlisberger to throw 5 interceptions. Pittsburgh finished 6-2 at Heinz Field this season, with their road loss coming at Soldier Field to the Bears.
The Steelers are expecting to get Antonio Brown back for this game. The top receiver in the game finished with 1,533 yards and 9 touchdowns. He will go along with Le’Veon Bell, who was near the top of rushing yards in the league with 1,291 and 9 touchdowns. Pittsburgh finished 8th with 25.3 points per game.
- Average Score For: 25.38
- Total Yards: 452.19
- Pass Yards: 273.75
- Rush Yards: 104.19
- Average Score Against: 19.25
- Total Yards: 306.75
- Pass Yards: 201.06
- Rush Yards: 105.69
Why Bet on the Jacksonville Jaguars?
The Jacksonville Jaguars defense has been awfully impressive. Jacksonville has won 11 total games this season. In those 11 wins, the Jaguars allowed 10 points or less in 9 of them. The losses for the Jaguars saw them allow 37, 23, 27, 27, 44 and 15 points. On the season, the Jaguars scored 26.1 points per game and allowed 16.8 per game.
Blake Bortles did not have a real strong game in the win over the Chiefs with his passing game. The running game for Bortles was the key. On the season, the quarterback threw for 3,687 yards and 21 touchdowns. Keelan Cole was the top receiver for Jacksonville with Allen Robinson out for the season. Cole finished with 748 receiving yards.
- Average Score For: 25.12
- Total Yards: 357.94
- Pass Yards: 215.76
- Rush Yards: 142.18
- Average Score Against: 15.94
- Total Yards: 284.77
- Pass Yards: 167.71
- Rush Yards: 117.06
Latest NFL Betting Trends
- Jacksonville is 12-5 ATS in its last 17 games when playing Pittsburgh
- Jacksonville is 6-19 SU in its last 25 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Jacksonville’s last 6 games on the road
- Pittsburgh is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games
- Pittsburgh is 10-1 SU in its last 11 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Pittsburgh’s last 7 games
Expert Pick and Prediction
The Pittsburgh Steelers are a different team than they were in that October game. Ben Roethlisberger has much better numbers than on the road, and that is going to play out in this game. Look for the Steelers to have a few wrinkles to their offense that the Jaguars did not see last time. In the end, Leveon Bell is the key and the player of the game here.
The Jaguars season comes to an end. Jacksonville will have high hopes for next season after their playoff run this season. But, in this game – the Pittsburgh Steelers win and win easily. The Steelers win by double digits over the Jaguars. Take Pittsburgh NFL Odds at -7 over Jacksonville on Sunday.