Bills and Fins Meet in Deceive NFL Betting Matchup
When Miami heads to Buffalo this Sunday, the loser will pretty much be out of playoff contention this season. Both squads enter the game tied for last in the AFC East with matching 3-4 records. Based on preseason predictions and NFL betting odds, both of the teams are underachieving, although the Dolphins have played much better since replacing their head coach with Dan Campbell.
- Date/Time: Sunday, November 8th, 1:00 PM
- Location: Ralph Wilson Stadium, Orchard Park, New York
- TV: CBS Sports
- Radio: Buffalo Bills Radio Network
- Game Odds: Bills -3EV
When the Bills and Dolphins met in Miami earlier this year, it was the Bills’ best game of the season so far. Taylor and Karlos Williams ran roughshod over the Dolphins’ defense as the Bills put up 41 points. The defense also was stout for Buffalo that day. Rex Ryan should use some of the clips from that game as part of his motivational presentation for the team.
This week, it will be the passing game that determines how good Buffalo’s running game will be. The Dolphins lost Cameron Wake, one of their best pass rushers, for the season when they lost to New England, which gives the Bills another advantage. The team can pay attention to Olivier Vernon and Ndamukong Suh with their blockers, which will give Taylor the time he needs to make plays down the field. Even if everyone is covered, he has the speed to take off and get some yards all by himself.
The Dolphins are coming off a tough loss to New England, but this is just the first sign of adversity the team has had to face with interim coach Dan Campbell. It will be interesting to see how well he motivates them to get ouf of the brick. Under Campbell, the Dolphins scored 82 combined points in their first two games, but the Patriots held them to 7 points. Some of this was due to Ryan Tannehill’s issues throwing the ball, but there were also other troubles, such as the ground game.
Dolphins vs Bills Betting Trends
- Miami is 3-9 ATS in its last 12 games
- Miami is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Miami’s last 10 games
- Miami is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- Miami is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Buffalo
- Miami is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing Buffalo
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Miami’s last 11 games when playing Buffalo
- Miami is 3-8 ATS in its last 11 games when playing on the road against Buffalo
- Buffalo is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
- Buffalo is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Buffalo’s last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 16 of Buffalo’s last 23 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Buffalo’s last 9 games at home
- Buffalo is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Miami
- Buffalo is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing Miami
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Buffalo’s last 11 games when playing Miami
- Buffalo is 8-3 ATS in its last 11 games when playing at home against Miami
- Buffalo is 8-3 SU in its last 11 games when playing at home against Miami
Lamar Miller is the name of a running back who has been the biggest part of the Dolphin offense since Campbell took over. The Pats held him to just 15 yards, but he needs to explode if the Bills are going to achieve anything close to staying even with Buffalo. Given Buffalo’s recent swoon, I like the Dolphins to come into Ralph Wisdom Stadium and leave with an upset victory.