Rams vs Bengals Game Preview and NFL Spread
This Sunday, the Cincinnati Bengals welcome the St. Louis Rams to Paul Brown Stadium in an attempt to snap a two game skid. The Bengals have lost two straight – first, a forgettable loss at the hands of the Houston Texans, and then a close loss in Arizona last week. Still firmly in command of the AFC North with an 8-2 record, the Bengals have a chance to right their ship against a Rams team that will have backup quarterback Case Keenum at the helm.
St. Louis vs Cincinnati Game Info and NFL Betting Preview
The Rams have lost three games in a row and are in need of a big momentum win. Case Keenum is only completing 46.2 percent of his passes and has only picked up 136 yards in his game as the starter, but he also did not throw any interceptions. Keenum remains questionable with a head injury after a concussion last week. Tavon Austin leads the Rams with 31 receptions, and Jared Cook and Kenny Britt have combined for 662 receiving yards. The Rams average 126 yards on the ground, led by Todd Gurley, who has picked up 775 yards and scored six times. On defense, the Rams permit 19.9 points per game, led by James Laurinaitis’ 74 tackles. Aaron Donald has seven sacks, and Janoris Jenkins leads the team with a dozen pass defensed.
The Bengals have gotten a solid year out of Andy Dalton so far. He is completing 65.1 percent of his passes for 2,738 yards and has thrown 20 touchdown passes with just five picks. In the last three games, Dalton has thrown for five scores. Tyler Eifert leads the team with 43 receptions, while Marvin Jones and A.J. Green have gained 1,363 receiving yards together. The Bengals average 113.6 yards per game, led by Giovani Bernard’s 565 yards. The Bengals permit 18.6 points per game. Carlos Dunlap leads the team with 8.5 sacks, and Vincent Rey has 77 tackles.
Betting Odds Trends
- St. Louis is 4-8-1 ATS in its last 13 games
- St. Louis is 4-9 SU in its last 13 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of St. Louis’s last 6 games
- St. Louis is 1-4-1 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- St. Louis is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of St. Louis’s last 7 games on the road
- St. Louis is 4-0-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Cincinnati
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of St. Louis’s last 6 games when playing Cincinnati
- Cincinnati is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- Cincinnati is 8-2 SU in its last 10 games
- Cincinnati is 16-5-2 ATS in its last 23 games at home
- Cincinnati is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games at home
- Cincinnati is 0-4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing St. Louis
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Cincinnati’s last 6 games when playing St. Louis
Betting Prediction: If the Bengals want one of the AFC’s top two seeds, they need to get back in the win column. The Rams have a game defense, but it’s unlikely that their offense will make much headway on Sunday. The Bengals are favored by eight. I look for them to win and cover – and I would also take the “over” (42).