Bills vs Chiefs Game Preview and NFL Betting Prediction
The Buffalo Bills (5-5) head to Kansas City to take on the Chiefs (5-5) this season in a matchup of two intriguing teams who remain in the middle of significant wild card conversations. The Chiefs were 1-5 and have won four in a row, impressing NFL betting fans and team supporters. On the other hand, the Bills hit a slump when quarterback Tyrod Taylor went down for an injury but have been game competition for most of the season. The Chiefs are favored to win by six points, with an over/under total of 41.
Buffalo vs Kansas City Game Preview
Odds: Chiefs -6
Online: Verizon NFL Mobile
— Kansas City Chiefs (@KCityChiefsRR) November 26, 2015
The Chiefs average 25.7 points per game and 345 yards on the ground, and their turnover ratio is a stout +10. Alex Smith has been a consummate game manager this year, completing 64 percent of his passes, throwing ten touchdowns and only three picks. Charcandrick West has come on in relief of Jamaal Charles to gain 373 yards on the ground and score three touchdowns. The Chiefs’ leading receiver is Travis Kelce, with 50 catches and three scores. On defense, the Chiefs have been fairly stout, only permitting 19.8 points per game and taking the ball away 19 times (14 picks, five fumbles), as well as sacking opposing quarterbacks 29 times. The leading tackler for the Chiefs is Derrick Johnson (59), and Justin Houston leads all Chiefs with 7.5 sacks. The Chiefs enter this game after solid routs of Denver and San Diego.
The Bills enter this game having just lost a close contest in New England. On the season, the team averages 24.4 points per game and has put up a turnover margin of +5. Tyrod Taylor has completed 68 percent of his passes and thrown for 11 touchdowns while running for two more. LeSean McCoy leads the Bills on the ground, with 610 yards and three scores, while Charles Clay is the leading receiver with 41 grabs. The Bills permit 22.7 points per game and have 19 takeaways (11 picks and eight fumbles). Corey Graham leads the Bills with 84 tackles.
Against the spread, the Chiefs are 4-0 in their last four contests. After a win, they are 4-1 in their last five games after a victory. They are 5-2 against the spread in AFC contests. Buffalo is 7-1 against the spread in their last eight games after a loss, 9-4-1 against the spread in AFC games and 4-1-1 against the spread in their last six road contests. In the last seven games between these two teams, the road team has covered the spread.
Betting Odds Trends
- The total has gone UNDER in 17 of Buffalo’s last 25 games
- Buffalo is 4-1-1 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- Buffalo is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Buffalo’s last 13 games on the road
- Buffalo is 6-2 ATS in its last 8 games when playing Kansas City
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Buffalo’s last 13 games when playing Kansas City
- Buffalo is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games when playing on the road against Kansas City
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Buffalo’s last 11 games when playing on the road against Kansas City
- Kansas City is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- Kansas City is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Kansas City’s last 6 games
- Kansas City is 8-3 ATS in its last 11 games at home
- Kansas City is 8-3 SU in its last 11 games at home
- Kansas City is 2-6 ATS in its last 8 games when playing Buffalo
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Kansas City’s last 13 games when playing Buffalo
- Kansas City is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games when playing at home against Buffalo
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Kansas City’s last 11 games when playing at home against Buffalo
This will be an extremely close game, but the Bills are playing on the road on a short week, so I like the Chiefs in this one. That over-under (41) makes it hard for me to make a choice, because I could see this being 23-20 (43) or 20-17 (37) just as easily. So in this game I would take the Chiefs to win and cover those four points.