Week 8 Preview: Bengals vs Steelers Game Info and NFL Odds
One of the biggest games in Week 8 of the 2015 NFL season happens at Pittsburgh’s Heinz Field, as the Steelers welcome the Cincinnati Bengals to town for an AFC North divisional tilt. The Bengals are 6-0 and are 2.5-point favorites going in. The Steelers are 4-3, which has them in contention for a wild card spot right now, but more importantly, they have gone 2-2 with their starting quarterback, Ben Roethlisberger, on the shelf. Michael Vick and Landry Jones have combined to keep the team afloat, and now Roethlisberger looks to return to the field after his MCL sprain.
Bengals vs Steelers Game Info and NFL Odds
Date/Time: Sunday, November 1st, 1:00 PM
Location: Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Radio: Bengals Radio Network | Steelers Radio Network | SIRIUS: 135 (Cin.), 82 (Pit.).XM: 82 (Pit.)
Odds: Bengals PK -110
— Pittsburgh Steelers (@steelers) October 29, 2015
On the Bengals’ side, they have looked simply unbeatable at points this season. Quarterback Andy Dalton has been ridiculous, piling up more than 1,700 yards and 14 scores in those six games – and he has only thrown two picks. A.J. Green continues to be his favorite target on offense, hauling in catches for more than 530 yards. Tight end Tyler Eifert has also been terrific, scoring six touchdowns and picking up more than 340 yards so far. Giovani Bernard and Jeremy Hill have been a damaging running duo, combining for 650 yards and seven scores so far.
The Bengals also have a tough defense. They are about in the middle of the league in terms of pass defense, but they are in the top 10 in points permitted per game and rushing yards. They have been able to keep teams from even reaching the red zone, which has been a huge factor in the undefeated start they have made to their season. However, if Cincinnati wants to come out of this game 7-0, they will have to upgrade their play on pass defense.
The Steelers feature a rested Roethlisberger leading an offensive unit that will feature Martavis Bryant and Antonio Brown catching his passes for the first time his year. Running back Le’Veon Bell has returned from his suspension, making this an offense that can play with just about anyone in the league. Roethlisberger has a track record of coming up big in the big games, particularly within the division, which will make this game fun to watch.
The Steelers defense remains the question mark, but it’s not as bad as a lot of people have thought. They are in the top 10 for points permitted per game (18.7), but they do allow a lot of yards per game, particularly through the air. Their secondary has an injury question with Willam Gay possibly out, but that could give Brandon Boykin the opportunity to make a statement of his own.
Betting Odds Trends
- Cincinnati is 5-0-1 ATS in its last 6 games
- Cincinnati is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Cincinnati’s last 6 games
- Cincinnati is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- Cincinnati is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Cincinnati’s last 10 games on the road
- Cincinnati is 2-8 ATS in its last 10 games when playing Pittsburgh
- Cincinnati is 2-8 SU in its last 10 games when playing Pittsburgh
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Cincinnati’s last 7 games when playing Pittsburgh
- Cincinnati is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Pittsburgh
- Cincinnati is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Pittsburgh
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Cincinnati’s last 6 games when playing on the road against Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh is 4-1-1 ATS in its last 6 games
- Pittsburgh is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Pittsburgh’s last 5 games
- Pittsburgh is 7-2-1 ATS in its last 10 games at home
- Pittsburgh is 13-5 SU in its last 18 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Pittsburgh’s last 6 games at home
- Pittsburgh is 8-2 ATS in its last 10 games when playing Cincinnati
- Pittsburgh is 8-2 SU in its last 10 games when playing Cincinnati
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Pittsburgh’s last 7 games when playing Cincinnati
- Pittsburgh is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing at home against Cincinnati
- Pittsburgh is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Cincinnati
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Pittsburgh’s last 6 games when playing at home against Cincinnati
The Bengals have long struggled against the Steelers, losing eight of the last ten matchups. The Steelers have a lot of weapons back in, but don’t count the Bengals out just because of the ghosts of matchups past. Take the Bengals to win, and to cover that 2.5-point spread.