Utes Take Lead in NCAA Football Odds Against UCLA
Ever since Utah joined the Pac-12 four years ago, they have split their meetings with UCLA, 2-2, going 3-1 against the spread and only missing a field goal from going 4-0. Both the Bruins are coming off difficult losses last week, but they also both have a shot of winning the Pac-12 South, so this week’s game in Salt Lake City is an important one. Utah is as slight favorite to win this game according the latest NCAA Football Odds, listed at -2.5 points.
The week before that, UCLA had routed Oregon State, 41-0, but Oregon State is even worse than Washington State. This leaves the Bruins at 4-3 in Pac-12 action, but if they can beat Utah this week and then USC next week, they will have the Pac-12 South title. That motivation could give them what they need to carry the game.
What about Utah? They rolled out to an amazing 6-0 start until they fell at USC. They won a couple more before falling in an overtime contest at Arizona last week, 37-30. The Utes were down early 10-0 and then again 20-10, before storming back to go up 27-20 in the third quarter. However, they allowed the Wildcats to come back and force overtime, and then Arizona scored a touchdown on the opening play of the second extra frame, and Utah could not score. Even so, they own the time of possession battle by a whopping 15 minutes, and outgained Arizona on the ground 224-158. Those are usually numbers that seal victory…but not last week. Utah is 5-2 in the Pac-12, trailing USC by that tiebreaker. However, if Utah can beat UCLA and UCLA can beat USC next week, Utah would appear in that Pac-12 title game. Utah can put the brakes on anyone’s running game – and the team that wins the running game wins the games in these series.
Utah vs UCLA Betting Trends
- UCLA is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
- UCLA is 13-4 SU in its last 17 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of UCLA’s last 10 games
- UCLA is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- UCLA is 12-1 SU in its last 13 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of UCLA’s last 7 games on the road
- UCLA is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Utah
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of UCLA’s last 6 games when playing Utah
- Utah is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
- Utah is 10-2 SU in its last 12 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Utah’s last 5 games
- Utah is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games at home
- Utah is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Utah’s last 6 games at home
- Utah is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing UCLA
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Utah’s last 6 games when playing UCLA
Closing Statement & Betting Prediction: So my money would be on the Utes here. UCLA is 1-4 against the spread in the last five meetings with Utah. Even though the Bruins are 5-0 in their last five November road games, that streak ends this week.