Toledo vs Bowling Green Online Betting Preview
This week’s Tuesday night tilt in the MAC sees the Toledo Rockets (8-1) travel to take on the Bowling Green Falcons (8-2). Bowling Green is currently favored to win this game by 7 points according to the latest betting odds released for this game, although, the Rockets still offer a great.
Toledo vs Bowling Green Game Preview & Online Betting Odds
— BGSU Athletics (@BGathletics) November 17, 2015
Toledo moved to 8-1 (5-1 MAC) this past week after getting past the Chippewas of Central Michigan by a 28-23 score this past Tuesday. The Rockets out gained Central Michigan 485-408 and had no turnovers in the win. Phillip Ely threw for two scores and 322 yards, and Kareem Hunt added two more scores on the ground, piling up 113 yards. So on the season, Toledo scores 34.9 points per game while averaging 467.7 yards of total offense. Hunt averages 100.3 yards per game, and Terry Swanson and Damion Jones-Moore combine to add 149 more yards on the ground. Ely has thrown for 18 scores against nine interceptions and averages 243 yards through the air each week. The top receivers are Cody Thompson (61.4 yards per game, Alonzo Russell (54 yards per game) and Corey Jones (47 yards per game). Defensively, the Rockets hold their opponents to 18.8 points per game, with a +3 turnover differential this season. The leading tackler is Orion Jones, with 40 stops and five sacks.
f their seventh straight win and now is 8-2 (6-0 MAC), after they rumbled past the Broncos of Western Michigan 41-27 on Wednesday. The Falcons piled up 505 yard of offense and nabbed two takeaways in the win. Quarterback Matt Johnson threw for 269 yards with three scores and one interception. Tailback Travis Greene led the way with 170 yards on the ground and three more scores. Bowling Green averages 45.4 points per game this season, and Johnson only has thrown four picks all year – against 36 touchdowns. Johnson averages 396 yards through the air each game. Greene and Fred Coppet to average 145 yards per game on the ground and have scored a dozen touchdowns together. Wide receiver Roger Lewis is Johnson’s primary target, averaging 131 yards per game and totaling 14 touchdowns so far this season. The Bowling Green defense allows 27.9 points per game, but they have a +12 turnover margin. Their leading tacklers are Austin Valdez (98 tackles, 1 sack) and defensive lineman Terrance Bush (40 tackles, 6 sacks).
NCAAF Betting Odds Trends
- Toledo is 10-1 ATS in its last 11 games
- Toledo is 11-1 SU in its last 12 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Toledo’s last 9 games
- Toledo is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Toledo is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 14 of Toledo’s last 20 games on the road
- Toledo is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing Bowling Green
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Toledo’s last 5 games when playing Bowling Green
- Toledo is 2-5-1 ATS in its last 8 games when playing on the road against Bowling Green
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Toledo’s last 6 games when playing on the road against Bowling Green
- Bowling Green is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games
- Bowling Green is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of Bowling Green’s last 13 games
- Bowling Green is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- Bowling Green is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Bowling Green’s last 5 games at home
- Bowling Green is 1-3-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Toledo
- Bowling Green is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing Toledo
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Bowling Green’s last 5 games when playing Toledo
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Bowling Green’s last 6 games when playing at home against Toledo
Toledo is 5-0 against the spread in their last five away games against a host with a winning record. In their last nine MAC games. Bowling Green is 5-0 against the spread in their last five conference games as well as their last five home games. Bowling Green has been rolling lately, and after their drubbing of Western Michigan, they have to be the favorite to win the conference. However, even though Toledo dropped a game to a quality Northern Illinois team, but they are still part of the top tier of the MAC. Toledo has the running game and solid defense to keep this a close game – or even to win. I would take Toledo and the points here.