South Florida vs UCF Game Preview and NCAAF Betting Odds
On Thanksgiving night, the South Florida Bulls (6-4) travel to Orlando to take on the University of Central Florida Knights (0-11) in one of the top games in the NCAAF betting calendar. The Bulls have already earned bowl eligibility and have an outside chance to slip past Temple and take the Eastern Division title in the American Athletic Conference.
South Florida vs UCF Game Preview and Betting Odds
Game Odds: Spread Not Yet Available
Online streaming: WatchESPN
The Bulls have won six of their last seven games, including a 65-27 pounding of Cincinnati last week. The Bulls led by an eye-popping 51-3 score at halftime. Even though South Florida had three turnovers, they took the ball away from the Bearcats six times, including cashing in on a pick-six. Quarterback Quinton Flowers went 9 for 15 for 165 yards and four touchdowns to offset two interceptions. Rodney Adams hauled in one touchdown pass while Sean Price added two more. Marlon Mack picked up 106 yards on the ground, scoring twice, while D’Earnest Johnson and Darius Tice combined to add 165 more rushing yards.
Central Florida is in the middle of a dumpster fire of a year. Longtime coach George O’Leary, who took the Knights to a BCS bowl win once upon a time, left in the middle of the season, and the team has continued to founder in the wake of his departure. Last week the Knights were routed by the visiting Pirates of East Carolina, 44-7, giving up more than 600 yards of total offense and 456 passing yards. UCF turned the ball over three times. Quarterback Justin Holman went 9 for 17 for 110 yards and a touchdown and an interception. Tre’Quan Smith caught the touchdown pass, catching four passes on the day for a total of 50 yards. Taj McGowan picked up another 50 yards on the ground. Overall, though, the offense was very limited.
Betting Odds Trends
- South Florida is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games
- South Florida is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games
- South Florida is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- South Florida is 5-15 SU in its last 20 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 13 of South Florida’s last 18 games on the road
- South Florida is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games when playing Central Florida
- South Florida is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing Central Florida
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of South Florida’s last 6 games when playing Central Florida
- Central Florida is 2-10 ATS in its last 12 games
- Central Florida is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Central Florida’s last 7 games
- Central Florida is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- Central Florida is 16-8 SU in its last 24 games at home
- Central Florida is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games at home
- Central Florida is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing South Florida
- Central Florida is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing South Florida
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Central Florida’s last 6 games when playing South Florida
South Florida are 6-0 against the spread in their last six contests after permitting fewer than 100 yards on the ground in their last game. In their last 10Thursday games, though, they are 1-9 against the spread. They are 6-0-1 against the spread in their last seven games on grass. UCF is 0-6 against the spread in their last six home contests.
The “over” is 4-0 in the Knights’ last four home contests against a team that comes in with a winning road record. UCF quarterback Justin Holman is questionable, which is why the line has not yet come out. Because of that uncertainty, I might look at other games to put my money on. If Holman plays and the line comes out less than 20, I’d take the Bulls to win and cover.