College Football Betting: Stanford Hosts Ducks in PAC-12 Battle
While the Oregon Ducks (6-3) have been a safe college football betting picks in previous years, they have become a disappointment this season. On top of that, they are now facing a tough rival on Saturday evening when they travel south to take on the Stanford Cardinal (8-1), who have won all eight of their games since losing that season opener against Northwestern. Stanford does have playoff hopes, but they have to keep winning. The next obstacle in their path is a home game against the Oregon Ducks. The Cardinal are favorite to win by 10 points; since 2014, they are 11-2 straight up and 9-3-1 against the spread when they are a double-digit favorite. Stanford did win and cover last week, when the rolled over Colorado on the road, 42-10. Stanford has won seven of the eight games in their current streak by at least 10 points, including a 56-35 home win against UCLA and a 41-31 road victory at USC.
Oregon Ducks vs Stanford Cardinal College Football Betting Preview:
Odds: Stanford -10
Radio: KXTG (750 AM, 102.9 FM), KUGN (590 AM)
Live stream: Fox Sports Go
Thanks to a friendly schedule, the Cardinal finish their season with three straight home games. If Stanford can knock off the Ducks and Notre Dame, they could be vying for a playoff spot when they take part in the Pac-12 title game. In their five home games so far, Stanford has gone 5-0 straight up and against the spread.
In their last six games as the underdog, Oregon is 5-1 straight up and 6-0 against the spread. This includes a 53-30 walloping of Stanford in 2011. The last time Oregon was picked to lose by a touchdown or more was way back in 2008 in a game against USC. The over/under total for this game is 69 points. In the last 10 games between these two teams, the over has gone 8-2. The two teams have split their last six contests, with each school going 3-3 straight up and against the spread.
Betting Odds Trends
- Oregon is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- Oregon is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- Oregon is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Oregon is 8-1 SU in its last 9 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Oregon’s last 5 games on the road
- Oregon is 9-4 ATS in its last 13 games when playing Stanford
- Oregon is 10-3 SU in its last 13 games when playing Stanford
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Oregon’s last 10 games when playing Stanford
- Oregon is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Stanford
- Oregon is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Stanford
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Oregon’s last 5 games when playing on the road against Stanford
- Stanford is 7-1 ATS in its last 8 games
- Stanford is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 14 of Stanford’s last 21 games
- Stanford is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- Stanford is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
- Stanford is 4-9 ATS in its last 13 games when playing Oregon
- Stanford is 3-10 SU in its last 13 games when playing Oregon
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Stanford’s last 10 games when playing Oregon
- Stanford is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing at home against Oregon
- Stanford is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Oregon
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Stanford’s last 5 games when playing at home against Oregon
If Stanford wants to keep their college football playoff aspirations alive, they must manage the Ducks at home. If the Ducks want to continue to enjoy the role of spoiler, they need to keep on using a surprisingly nimble defense and growing in their offense to keep the Cardinal at bay. I would pick the Cardinal here straight up, although I would be more likely to take the Ducks and those 10 points. As far as the over/under, I see this game turning into the sort of track meet that could easily eclipse 69 points.