NCAAF Football Odds: Ducks Look to Bounce Back Against Arizona State
The Oregon Ducks (4-3) have a chance to turn an awful season around, at least in terms of bowl eligibility and dignity, when they head to Arizona State (4-3) this weekend. Both teams had bye weeks last Saturday, and the Ducks are coming off a road win that was much too tough, squeaking by Washington, 26-20. The Sun Devils’ last contest was a 34-18 whipping at the hands of Utah. Both the Ducks and Sun Devils are 2-2 in the Pac-12, so they both need a win.
Oregon Ducks vs Arizona Sun Devils Game Preview and Info
— azcentral sports (@azcsports) October 27, 2015
Vernon Adams, Jr., the transfer quarterback from Eastern Washington, was back under center last week for Oregon. He threw for two scores and 272 yards, having missed the two previous games with a fractured index finger. Running back Royce Freeman carried the ball 27 times for 138 yards. On the season, he has 997 total rushing yards, for an average of 6.6 yards per carry, and nine scores. The Ducks polished off the Huskies for the 12th consecutive time.
When Arizona State played at Utah, they were aware that their game would have to be virtually perfect. They almost made it, at least until the fourth quarter. Arizona State was ahead 18-14 at the end of the third quarter, but Utah ran off 20 points in the fourth quarter, led by tailback Devontae Booker, who galloped for two scores (25 and 62 yards). Arizona State quarterback Mike Bercovici had a hard time getting started that game. He did throw for 242 yards, but he only went 20 for 41 and had an interception. Tailback Kalen Ballage also struggled, getting only 49 yards on 18 carries.
So what are the trends going in? In their last 12 conference games, the Oregon Ducks have gone 10-2 against the spread. In their last 27 road games, they are 21-6 against the spread. This game will be on a grass field, where the Ducks have gone 22-7 against the spread in their last 29 games. When the Ducks play a team with a winning record, their last 32 tilts have seen them go 23-9 against the spread.
Betting Odds Trends
- Oregon is 12-5 ATS in its last 17 games
- Oregon is 19-5 SU in its last 24 games
- Oregon is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Oregon is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Oregon’s last 11 games on the road
- Oregon is 6-2 ATS in its last 8 games when playing Arizona State
- Oregon is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing Arizona State
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Oregon’s last 5 games when playing Arizona State
- Oregon is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Arizona State
- Oregon is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Arizona State
- Arizona State is 2-7 ATS in its last 9 games
- Arizona State is 14-6 SU in its last 20 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Arizona State’s last 7 games
- Arizona State is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- Arizona State is 8-1 SU in its last 9 games at home
- Arizona State is 2-6 ATS in its last 8 games when playing Oregon
- Arizona State is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing Oregon
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Arizona State’s last 5 games when playing Oregon
- Arizona State is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing at home against Oregon
- Arizona State is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Oregon
What about the Sun Devils? In their last seven games on grass, they are only 2-5 against the spread. In their last nine games overall, they are 2-7 against the spread. In their last five games after a loss against the spread, they are 1-4 against the spread.
The spread here is Oregon +2. So long as Vernon Adams Jr. is healthy and on the field, there’s no reason to think that the Ducks won’t prevail. Expect a close fought game…but expect the Ducks to eke it out.