For those who thought that the Ole Miss Rebels would pack it in after falling to Memphis in non-conference action two weeks ago, that quickly evaporated when Ole Miss smothered Texas A&M in an SEC tilt by the score of 23-3. Week 9 features Ole Miss and the Auburn Tigers. Auburn took Arkansas to four overtimes, falling 54-46. It’s worth asking whether the Tigers will catch Ole Miss napping in this conference tilt.
Ole Miss Rebels vs Auburn Tigers Game Preview
Date/Time: Saturday, October 31, 12:00 PM
Location: Jordan-Hare Stadium, Auburn, AlabamaTV: ESPNNCAAF Betting Odds: Mississippi -7Laquon Treadwell led all Rebel receivers with 102 yards and a touchdown, but six different receivers recorded catches on the game. Kelly should be able to find Treadwell wherever he wants him this time. Auburn ranks #11 in the 14-team SEC in pass defense, permitting 228.5 yards per game. Kelly leads the SEC with 309.4 yards per game and with 16 touchdown passes. The Rebels’ running game could feast on Auburn too.Tailback Peyton Barber almost took Auburn to victory by himself last week, scoring four touchdowns and piling up1 20 yards on 37 carries in the quadruple overtime loss to the Razorbacks. He has five games of 100 yards or more, as Auburn has leaned on the running game. However, quarterback Sean White showed some promise last week, as he went 19 for 32 with 254 yards. White is now 2-2 in the starting role, having led the Tigers to victories over San Jose State and Kentucky before losing to Arkansas.
- Mississippi is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Mississippi’s last 5 games
- Mississippi is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- Mississippi is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- Auburn is 1-11 ATS in its last 12 games
- Auburn is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- Auburn is 19-3 SU in its last 22 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Auburn’s last 6 games at home