NCAAF Betting: Bobcats Head to N. Illinois with MAC Title in Mind
The NCAAF betting season resumes this Tuesday night with a thrilling MAC game featuring Ohio University and Northern Illinois. The Ohio U. Bobcats (7-4) pay a visit to the Northern Illinois Huskies (8-3) in a game with the potential to determine who goes to the conference championship. Ohio was able to improve its record to 7-4 (4-3 MAC East) after they whipped Ball State, 48-31, last Tuesday, winning the yardage game 607-421. Quarterback J.D. Sprague went 15 for 22 for 275 yards and three touchdowns, running for 46 more yards on the ground. Ohio is averaging 27.5 points per game, rolling up 427.8 yards per week.
Game Odds: N. Illinois -13
Radio: AM 560 WIND
Ohio’s quarterback, Derrius Vick, has ten scores and six picks so far this season. He missed last week but should be back for the game against Northern Illinois. The leading receivers for the Bobcats are Sebastian Smith and Jordan Reid, and their top tailbacks have been Daz’mond Patterson and A.J. Ouellette. The Bobcats have a +6 turnover margin this season.
Northern Illinois is holding a 6 game streak and is coming off a 19-27 win over Western Michigan that helped them to improve to 8-3 (6-1 MAC West). Northern Illinois rolled off the last thirteen points of the game, as Western Michigan coughed the ball up twice in the fourth quarter. Tailback Jordan Huff was the offensive spark for the Huskies, carrying the ball eight times for a whopping 159 yards and a touchdown.
Northern Illinois averages 35.8 points per game, with an offensive attack that almost splits 50-50 in terms of yardage. Quarterback Drew Hare averages 218 yards per game and has thrown 14 touchdowns and four picks. The top receiver is Kenny Golladay, who averages 94.1 yards per game and has made it into the end zone eight times so far. The Northern Illinois defense has a +5 turnover margin.
Ohio is 5-1 against the spread in their last six games after a straight up win, but they are only 4-9 against the spread against teams that are above .500. Northern Illinois is 3-0-1 against the spread in their last four home contests and 5-0-1 against the spread in the last six games.
Ohio Bobcats vs N. Illinois Betting Odds Trends
- Ohio is 8-4 SU in its last 12 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Ohio’s last 5 games
- Ohio is 2-6-2 ATS in its last 10 games on the road
- Ohio is 4-10 SU in its last 14 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Ohio’s last 5 games on the road
- Ohio is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Northern Illinois
- Northern Illinois is 5-0-1 ATS in its last 6 games
- Northern Illinois is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Northern Illinois’s last 6 games
- Northern Illinois is 4-8-1 ATS in its last 13 games at home
- Northern Illinois is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Northern Illinois’s last 5 games at home
- Northern Illinois is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Ohio
Ohio has struggled on the road in MAC play and has been inconsistent all season. Northern Illinois will clinch the MAC West title with a win at home, as they beat Toledo to take that tiebreaker. The Huskies have had a terrific month, and I see them running all over Ohio. Pick Northern Illinois (-13.5) to win and cover.