North Carolina State vs FSU Game Preview and NCAAF Odds
Florida State head coach Jimbo Fisher still believes that the Seminoles can beat the NCAAF odds and finish a successful year even though they don’t have a chance to contend for the ACC championship. Florida State (7-2, 5-2 ACC) head into their game against the North Carolina State Wolfpack aware that, for the first time in four seasons, they won’t be playing in the conference title game. This means that Fisher will learn a lot about what his team is made of mentally as the season plays out.
Can Florida State Bounce Back from Last Week’s Loss to Clemson?
— FSU Football (@FSU_Football) November 11, 2015
Fisher told Yahoo Sports on Monday, “I think that this is when you are going to find out about the class and character of these young guys and our organization. Our ultimate goal is to win the national championship, go to the College Football Playoff and win the ACC. You can have great seasons if you don’t have that happen to you.”
A lot of observers thought that Florida State would struggle after Jameis Winston graduated. The team had won the national title in 2013 and made the first CFP last season. After six games this season, the Seminoles had reached as high as the #9 spot in the AP poll, but since then they have lost two of three and are now ranked #16 after last week’s loss to top-ranked Clemson.
The majority of the issues that the Seminoles have center around the offense. Sean Maguire has been the starting quarterback for the past two weeks, and he went 16 for 29 for 164 yards against Clemson, throwing a pick but no touchdowns. Fisher said that Maguire had played a solid game but has not yet identified his starter for this week. At Monday’s practice, Maguire did take all of the snaps with the first-team offense. Everett Golson was the starter during the first seven games and has completed 67 percent of his passes.
However, he has not succeeded in moving the offense consistently. The offensive line has also featured a different starting center in each of the past three games. This has, in part, led to 16 pre-snap penalties in the last four games, giving the offense a lot of long-yardage situations. FSU Running back Dalvin Cook is only 11 yards away from breaking the school’s single-season record of 1,242 yards, set back in 1995 by Warrick Dunn.
NCAAF Betting Odds Trends
- North Carolina State is 9-3 ATS in its last 12 games
- North Carolina State is 9-3 SU in its last 12 games
- North Carolina State is 8-1 ATS in its last 9 games on the road
- North Carolina State is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games on the road
- North Carolina State is 9-1 ATS in its last 10 games when playing Florida State
- North Carolina State is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games when playing Florida State
- North Carolina State is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games when playing on the road against Florida State
- North Carolina State is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Florida State
- Florida State is 8-16 ATS in its last 24 games
- Florida State is 22-3 SU in its last 25 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Florida State’s last 8 games
- Florida State is 4-9 ATS in its last 13 games at home
- Florida State is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Florida State’s last 14 games at home
- Florida State is 1-9 ATS in its last 10 games when playing North Carolina State
- Florida State is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games when playing North Carolina State
- Florida State is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games when playing at home against North Carolina State
- Florida State is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against North Carolina State
North Carolina State (6-3, 2-3) is not a team that the Seminoles are likely to overlook. Last year, the Wolfpack had the Seminoles down by 17 in the first quarter, and the Seminoles had to put on a furious rally to win. The Seminoles play Tennessee-Chattanooga and then go to #11 Florida. They can get a spot in one of the New Year’s Six bowl games, but they have to win all of their games and have North Carolina suffer two losses. For now, the Seminoles’ primary problems may come from within as they struggle to find motivation with fewer trophies waiting at the end of their season.