Friday Night College Football Betting: Louisville vs Wake Forest
The game between Louisville and Wake Forest this week features two squads with a combined record of 6-9. Wake Forest is not a legitimate ACC contender, and they are at least two or three years away from mounting a threat in the conference. In fact, they are the weakest of the five teams that Louisville has to face in the coming weeks of College Football betting action. This could easily be a game that the Cardinals overlook, though, as people look past the Demon Deacons to the remainder of the season. However, teams that fall into that trap often end up losing when they shouldn’t.
Louisville vs Wake Forest Game Information
Date/Time: Friday, October 30, 7:00 PM
Location: BB&T Field, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Odds: Louisville -11½-110
— LouisvilleFootball (@UofLFootball) October 28, 2015
After all, the Cardinals really have more questions than they do answers. When is Lamar Jackson going to shine on the field? Can’t the offensive line put their s**t together and do a better job? Can the defense consistently provide performances like they did against Boston College and North Carolina State? Could the Cardinals make a bowl game? Could they improve their record and lock a place in a prestigious bowl game?
The Friday tilt at North Carolina will not provide answers to all of those questions, because Wake Forest does not represent sound enough competition. However, it will provide some answers and give Cardinals fans an idea of what they can expect down the stretch.
It certainly won’t be the terrific matchup that ensued in 2007, when the teams met in the Orange Bowl. Louisville had earned a BCS bowl bid, and then Wake Forest somehow won the ACC Championship game, edging Georgia Tech by the unsightly score of 9-6. Louisville would prevail in that game, even though they dropped a bunch of passes and put the ball on the carpet twice, largely because Wake Forest fumbled three times. Brian Brohm, the Orange Bowl MVP that year, threw for 311 yards and took the team on two touchdown drives in the fourth quarter to lead the Cardinals to a 24-13 win.
- Louisville is 17-8 SU in its last 25 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Louisville’s last 5 games
- Louisville is 7-2 ATS in its last 9 games on the road
- Louisville is 18-7 SU in its last 25 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Louisville’s last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Louisville’s last 15 games on the road
- Wake Forest is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games
- Wake Forest is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Wake Forest’s last 9 games
- Wake Forest is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games at home
- Wake Forest is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Wake Forest’s last 6 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Wake Forest’s last 16 games at home
Of course, we know what happened next. Louisville coach Bobby Petrino left for the Atlanta Falcons – and then went to Arkansas – and then ended up on the back of a motorcycle with the wrong woman and, somehow, ended up back in Louisville. He hasn’t rebuilt the team to those glorious heights again yet, but he is certainly working on it.