Buckeyes Lead NCAAF Odds for Grudge vs Michigan St.
Michigan State (7-2) heads into action in Columbus against the Ohio State Buckeyes with a real chance to detonate the College Football Playoff picture. They are a 13-point road underdog. However, the last two times the Spartans entered action against Ohio State as an underdog, they are 2-0, both straight up and against the spread. Michigan State responded to a disappointing loss to Nebraska with a 24-7 convincing win over the Maryland Terrapins last week, as their defense finally showed up and played a convincing 60 minutes of football.
Michigan State vs Ohio State Game Preview and Betting Odds
Date/Time: Saturday, November 21st, 3:30 PM
Location: Ohio Stadium, Columbus, Ohio
NCAAF Odds: Ohio State -14
Live Streaming: BIG10 Network
Radio: A full list of Ohio State’s radio affiliates can be accessed here.
Ohio State is no slouch in November, either – you can’t lose these key games and have a prayer in the playoff system. Last week, Ohio State went to Illinois and rolled 28-3, entering the game favored to win by 17. Ohio State rolled up 283 yards on the ground; they average 244.9 rushing yards per contest this season. Because Ezekiel Elliott and J.T. Barrett are a fearsome pair in the backfield, opposing defenses have twice as many people to contain. Ohio State has won nine of 11 games against Michigan State, going 7-3-1 against the spread during that time.
Betting Odds Trends
- Michigan State is 3-7 ATS in its last 10 games
- Michigan State is 13-1 SU in its last 14 games
- The total has gone OVER in 17 of Michigan State’s last 25 games
- Michigan State is 18-6-1 ATS in its last 25 games on the road
- Michigan State is 8-1 SU in its last 9 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Michigan State’s last 6 games on the road
- Michigan State is 3-7-1 ATS in its last 11 games when playing Ohio State
- Michigan State is 2-9 SU in its last 11 games when playing Ohio State
- Michigan State is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Ohio State
- Ohio State is 3-6 ATS in its last 9 games
- Ohio State is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Ohio State’s last 9 games
- Ohio State is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games at home
- Ohio State is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of Ohio State’s last 15 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Ohio State’s last 6 games at home
- Ohio State is 7-3 ATS in its last 10 games when playing Michigan State
- Ohio State is 9-2 SU in its last 11 games when playing Michigan State
- Ohio State is 2-3-1 ATS in its last 6 games when playing at home against Michigan State
- Ohio State is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Michigan State
The winner of this game will have clear control of its own destiny in the Big Ten, just another win away from the Big Ten championship games, where they would likely face Iowa. The Spartans and Buckeyes have split the last four games, both 2-2 against the spread and against the spread, with no game decided by more than 12 points.
So what’s the pick? I don’t think Michigan State can go into Columbus and win, but that line is ridiculously large given the history between these two storied college football programs. I like the Spartans to cover.