Baylor Heads To Kansas Leading NCAA Football Odds
This Thursday, the undefeated Baylor Bears head north to take on the Kansas State Wildcats (3-4) at Snyder Family Stadium. The line has Baylor as a big favorite to take this game, listed as -18 ½ points to beat its rival in the latest NCAA Football odds. Let’s take a look at this matchup.
Baylor vs Kansas State Game Information
Can the Baylor Bears keep their momentum and remain undefeated?
Baylor quarterback Jarrett Stidham has replaced the graduated Bryce Petty quite nicely. So far this season, he has completed an eye-popping 85.1 percent of his passes, averaging 331 yards per game, with six touchdowns and zero interceptions. However, the Bear offense has also been strong on the running game, as Stidham has yet to throw for more than 10 passes in any one game. Jay Lee and Corey Coleman have combined for 24 touchdowns and 1,469 yards.
On the ground, the Bears are averaging 338 yard per game, with Shock Linwood leading the team with 974 yards and nine scores. The Bear defense is stronger than it was last year, with the team only permitting 25.1 points per game. Xavien Howard leads the team with four picks, and Shawn Oakman leads the Bears with four sacks. Grant Campbell has the most Baylor tackles, with 55 so far.
The Kansas State Wildcats come into the game having lost four games straight. Joe Hubener is only completing about 46 percent of his passes, with 963 yards total on the season. He has thrown five touchdown passes, but only one over the last four games. He has thrown five picks this season. Dominique Heath and Deante Burton have combined for four scores and 476 yards. The Wildcats average 157.2 yards per game on the ground, with Charles Jones the leading rusher, scoring three touchdowns and picking up 302 yards. The Wildcats are permitting 28.9 points per game; given the explosive Baylor offense, though, that number is likely to go up after this week. The leading tackler for Kansas State is Elijah Lee, with 39. Morgan Burns has deflected six passes to lead the team, and Jordan Willis has a team-leading 3.5 sacks.
Against the spread, Baylor is 4-1 in its last five conference games and 34-16-1 in their last 51 games overall. The Wildcast are 4-1 against the spread in their last five November games and 7-3 against the spread in their last ten home games. In their last five games at Kansas State, the Bears are 1-4 against the spread.
Betting Odds Trends
- Baylor is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- Baylor is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Baylor’s last 8 games
- Baylor is 6-3 ATS in its last 9 games on the road
- Baylor is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- Baylor is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing Kansas State
- Baylor is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing Kansas State
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Baylor’s last 6 games when playing Kansas State
- Baylor is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Kansas State
- Baylor is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Kansas State
- Kansas State is 3-6 ATS in its last 9 games
- Kansas State is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Kansas State’s last 5 games
- Kansas State is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- Kansas State is 18-7 SU in its last 25 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Kansas State’s last 7 games at home
- Kansas State is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games when playing Baylor
- Kansas State is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing Baylor
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Kansas State’s last 6 games when playing Baylor
- Kansas State is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing at home against Baylor
- Kansas State is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Baylor
Kansas State is riddled with injuries. Even though Bill Snyder regularly has one of the best coached teams in the nation, it’s unlikely that Kansas State will keep this one close. Baylor is making a dedicated push to impress voters and make their way into the College Football Playoffs. It’s true that Kansas State played Baylor close the last two years and even came out on top in 2011. However, I like Baylor here to make a real statement out of this game and blow out the Wildcats.