Week 12 NCAAF Odds: Boise State Set to Beat Air Force Falcons
This Friday, the Boise State Broncos welcome the Falcons of the Air Force Academy to town for Week 12 NCAAF betting action. Boise is a fairly heavy favorite, with a betting spread of 12 points. The game total for this game has been set at 56 points.
Air Force Falcons vs Boise State Falcons Game Preview & NCAAF Odds
Game Odds: Boise State -12
Last week, Boise suffered a stunning loss against New Mexico, falling 31-24. The Lobos were 31-point underdogs in this one, and the game took the under, as the total was 57. Quarterback Brett Rypien heaved the ball for 503 yards and two touchdowns, although the three picks he threw helped New Mexico immensely. Wide receiver Thomas Sperbeck had an eye-popping 281 yards of receiving, but it wasn’t enough. Boise State couldn’t get close to its scoring average of 38.3 points, instead, they were outscored after allowing only 19.6 points per game during the regular season. With the loss, the Broncos dropped to 7-3 on the season.
On the other hand, the Air Force Falcons head to this match holding a four-game winning streak that includes victories over Army, Hawaii and Fresno State. Last week they dropped the Utah State Aggies 35-28, covering the 2 point football spread set for last week’s match. The total was 50.5, so this game was definitely an over. Falcons quarterback Karson Roberts threw the ball for 271 yards and a score, and Jalen Robinette pulled in 210 receiving yards and a touchdown. The Falcons score 34.1 points per game and permit 19.8. Just like Boise, Air Force is also 7-3.
The teams last played in 2014, when Air Force beat the Broncos at home, 28-14. Boise State is 16-3 straight up in their last 19 games. The total has gone to the under in four of the Broncos’ last six contests. They are 11-1 straight up in their last 12 home contests, but they are only 2-4 against the spread in their last six home games. Air Force is 5-1 straight up in their last six, but they are 6-15 against the spread in their last 21 road contests. They are 1-4 straight up in their last five road games.
Betting Odds Trends
- Air Force is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- Air Force is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Air Force’s last 5 games
- Air Force is 6-15 ATS in its last 21 games on the road
- Air Force is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Air Force’s last 6 games on the road
- Boise State is 16-3 SU in its last 19 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Boise State’s last 6 games
- Boise State is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games at home
- Boise State is 11-1 SU in its last 12 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Boise State’s last 5 games at home
Here’s my pick: I think Boise will win, but that 12.5-point line is too high. Take the Falcons..and the points.