2017 Birmingham Bowl Betting Odds & Expert Prediction
The Birmingham Bowl will take place on Saturday at Legion Field. The game will feature the Red Raiders of Texas Tech and the South Florida Bulls. These two teams are playing the first of three bowl games on the day. Texas Tech comes into the game out of the Big 12 with a 6-6 record. The Red Raiders finished 8th in the conference.
For the South Florida Bulls, they are 9-2 on the season. The Bulls finished second in the American Athletic – East Division behind the Central Florida Knights. South Florida lost to Houston and Central Florida this season. The Bulls are -3 over the Red Raiders in this game on Saturday.
South Florida vs. Texas Tech 2017 Birmingham Bowl Betting Odds & Expert Prediction
He returned to Lubbock, was named a team captain by his peers and has become one of the nation’s best linebackers.
— Texas Tech Football (@TexasTechFB) 16 de diciembre de 2017
- When: Saturday December 23, 2017; 11:00am CT
- Where: Legion Field; Birmingham, AL
- TV: ESPN
- Radio: 820 AM (South Florida) / 550 AM (Texas Tech)
- Live Stream: Watch ESPN
- Birmingham Bowl Betting Odds: South Florida Bulls -3 (Over/Under at 66.5)
- Rain: 15°C/59°F
- Humidity: 86%
- Precipitation: 92%
- Cloud Cover: 100%
- Wind: 6 mph WNW
- Stadium Type: Open
- All: South Florida Bulls 9-2 / Texas Tech Red Raiders 6-6
- Home: South Florida Bulls 5-1 / Texas Tech Red Raiders 2-4
- Away: South Florida Bulls 4-1 / Texas Tech Red Raiders 4-2
- ATS: South Florida Bulls 5-6 / Texas Tech Red Raiders 6-5-1
- Over/Under: South Florida Bulls 4-7 / Texas Tech Red Raiders 4-8
Why Bet the South Florida Bulls?
The South Florida Bulls are one of the top scoring teams in all of College Football. South Florida scored 38.3 points per game on the season, which is 15th in the nation. The defense allowed just 22 points per game, finishing in the Top 40. Quinton Flowers was one of the top quarterbacks in the country with 31 total touchdowns.
Flowers rushed for 10 touchdowns and threw for 21. Marquez Valdes-Scantling was the top receiver for the Bulls this season with 5 touchdowns. The Bulls wrapped up the regular season with more than 265 rushing yards per game.
Why Bet the Texas Tech Red Raiders?
The Texas Tech Red Raiders finished the regular season strong with a win on the road at the Texas Longhorns. The Red Raiders needed the win after losing four out of five games. The Red Raiders finished with 326.8 passing yards per game.
Texas Tech scored 34.3 points per game and allowed teams to score 31.8. Justin Stockton and Keke Coutee are the top targets on the offensive side for the Red Raiders, as Stockton finished with 4 touchdowns on the ground, and Coutee had over 1,200 receiving yards and 9 touchdowns in 2017.
Latest Birmingham Bowl Betting Trends
- Texas Tech is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games
- Texas Tech is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Texas Tech’s last 6 games
- South Florida is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- South Florida is 14-2 SU in its last 16 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of South Florida’s last 6 games
Expert Pick and Prediction
The Texas Tech Red Raiders have been battled tested more than the South Florida Bulls. Sure, the Bulls had a good year, but if they are playing in the Big 12 – is the story different? Look for the battle-tested Texas Tech Red Raiders to find a way to win this game.
Take the underdog in this game. The Texas Tech Red Raiders come away with a big win over the South Florida Bulls. The final bet for this game is the Texas Tech Red Raiders +2.5 over the South Florida Bulls.