Chicago Bulls vs Cleveland Cavs NBA Betting Pick
On Thursday, the Chicago Bulls head to Cleveland to take on the red hot Cavaliers in the hottest game in the Pro Hoops calendar for this Thursday. The Cavaliers (38-14) are in first place in the Central Division and are coming off a 120-111 win over the Lakers last Wednesday. The Bulls (27-25) got whipped in Atlanta last Wednesday, 113-90, and need to notch a win to improve their NBA betting odds to make it to the 2016 playoffs.
Chicago vs Cleveland NBA Betting Pick
When: Thursday, February 18, 2016, 8:00 PM ET
Where: Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland, OH
Radio: Chicago Bulls Radio Network / Cleveland Cavaliers Radio Network
Live Stream: NBA-Stream.com
NBA Odds: Cleveland -11.5
Why should you bet on the Cavaliers?
The Bulls did knock off Cleveland in the first game of the season, but the Bulls have muddled around the .500 mark all season long, struggling to find consistency, particularly on the defensive end of the floor. Jimmy Butler has been a real find for the Bulls this year, but he is injured, and the high-paced offense that new coach Fred Hoiberg brought with him has not made the Bulls into the contender that management expected. Taj Gibson hurt his left foot in the last game before the break. The Bulls have also become a sloppy team with the ball; against Atlanta in their loss, the team turned the ball over 19 times, giving the Hawks 25 points. This is a Bulls team in some disarray for a number of reasons.
Why should you put your money on the Bulls?
You’ll want to check the latest injury report before betting on the Bulls, because Kevin Love went down in the Cavs’ last game before the break and is still questionable at this time. The Cavaliers were able to beat the Lakers by nine even without Love, but the Bulls are a lot better than the Lakers. Kyrie Irving (35 points) and LeBron James (29 points) were able to carry the load. Also, the Cavaliers are still having to adjust to Tyronn Lue, their interim coach for the rest of the season. The ways in which practices over the break have helped the team mesh will play a key role in how well the Cavaliers face off at home against the Bulls.
Betting Odds Trends
- Chicago is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games
- Chicago is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 17 of Chicago’s last 25 games
- Chicago is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- Chicago is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 12 of Chicago’s last 15 games on the road
- Chicago is 17-7 ATS in its last 24 games when playing Cleveland
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Chicago’s last 5 games when playing Cleveland
- Chicago is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Cleveland
- Chicago is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Cleveland
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Chicago’s last 7 games when playing on the road against Cleveland
- Cleveland is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
- Cleveland is 8-2 SU in its last 10 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Cleveland’s last 8 games
- Cleveland is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games at home
- Cleveland is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games at home
- Cleveland is 7-17 ATS in its last 24 games when playing Chicago
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Cleveland’s last 5 games when playing Chicago
- Cleveland is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing at home against Chicago
- Cleveland is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Chicago
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Cleveland’s last 7 games when playing at home against Chicago
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
Again, check the latest injury reports before placing any bets on this game, given the number and importance of the players on both sides. However, if the Bulls don’t have Butler but the Cavaliers have Love (his injury was just a shoulder stinger), I’m picking Cleveland to win big, 108-92.